Church of St. Elijah on Hisar

On the plateau above the Svetoilijski cemetery, on the slopes of the hill Hisar, on the foundations of an older temple from the Middle Ages, a church dedicated to St. Elijah. The church was built in the...
leskovac
Read more

Museum of Textile Industry in the village of Strojkovac

The Textile Museum in Strojkovac is the only museum of its kind in Serbia. It is located in a mill that was built in the second half of the 19th century. Judging by the size and living quarters in its c...
leskovac
Read more

National Theatre

The beginnings of theatrical life date back to the end of the 19th century, when in 1896 the theater company "Jug Bogdan" was founded. In the period between the two world wars, the City Theater (1926) a...
leskovac
Read more

Monastery in Oraovica

The monastery is located near the village of Oraovica, two kilometers from Grdelica, on a hill next to the river Južna Morava. The monastery complex consists of two buildings in a terraced courtyard, th...
leskovac
Read more

Historical archive

Since its founding in 1954, the Historical Archive has been working on documenting and preserving archival material and registration material, through arranging, processing, digitizing and microfilming ...
leskovac
Read more

Church of St. John the Baptist in Vučje

The church dedicated to the birth of Saint John the Baptist is located south of Leskovac on a hill near Vucje on the slopes of Kukavica. According to the legend, it was built on the foundations of an ol...
leskovac
Read more

Church of St. Peter and Paul in DonjaLakošnica

The church was built outside the village of DonjaLakošnica, northeast of Leskovac, on the hill from which the entire Leskovac field can be seen. Church of St. Peter and Paul is the fruit of cooperation ...
leskovac
Read more

Church of St. Fridays in the village of Rudar

3.5 kilometers east of Leskovac, on a branch of the mountain Kukavica, on Rudarskakosa, outside the village of Rudar, there is a church dedicated to St. PetkaTrnovska. In the immediate vicinity is a boa...
leskovac
Read more

Skobaljić town on Kukavica

Skobaljićgrad is located 20 kilometers southeast of Leskovac. Erected on the steep and inaccessible cliff of the mountain Kukavica on the left bank of the canyon of the river Vučjanka, hidden by the nei...
leskovac
Read more

National Museum in Leskovac

The National Museum in Leskovac is a regional non-profit cultural institution in the service of society, which takes care of the cultural and historical heritage of the Leskovac region, collects, preser...
leskovac
Read more

Archaeological site Hisar

It is located at the end of the elongated slope of the hill of the same name on the left bank of the river Veternica, with a dominant position above the town of Leskovac and a large part of the Leskovac...
leskovac
Read more

Babičko Monastery

It is located about 10 kilometers from Pecenjevac, two kilometers southeast of the village of Babicko. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity, and was built in the 16th century. It is a single-nave...
leskovac
Read more

Church of St. Nikola in Čukljenik

Church dedicated to St. Father Nikola, is located south of Leskovac, on the northern slopes of Kukavica in the village of Čukljenik, near the Nakrivanjskariver. It is assumed that it was built on the fo...
leskovac
Read more

Town house

It is one of the most beautiful old houses in Leskovac. It has existed for more than one hundred and fifty years and is a clear example of a Balkan-style house. It was built in the second half of the 19...
leskovac
Read more

Leskovac Carnival

Leskovac is a city with a carnival tradition of more than eighty years. The first carnival was held in 1929 at Poklade on the theme "Marriage of Marko Kraljevic". The Leskovac Carnival is one of the mos...
leskovac
Read more

Cathedral of St. Three

The cathedral church in Leskovacis dedicated to the descent of the Holy Spirit - the Holy Trinity. It was built next to the old church of Odžaklija. The church was completed and consecrated in 1931 acco...
leskovac
Read more

Book collaboration Botevgrad - Leskovac

This Website was created in the framework of project №CB007.2.11.224 “Heterotopias” with the financial support of the European Union through the Interreg –IPA CBC Bulgaria –Serbia Programme 2014-2020 CCI No. 2014TC16I5CB007. The contents of this  website  are the sole responsibility of Municipality of Botevgrad and National Museum of Leskovac and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union or the Managing Authority of the Programme.